We’re so excited that you booked an appointment with us! Your experience at a&bé portland will be unlike any other dress shopping experience. We cannot wait to help you find the dress of your dreams!
1. Be on time. We reserve 90 minutes for every bride, and our appointments run back-to-back. If you arrive late, it will cut into the amount of time we have with you to try on dresses.
2. Plan to bring any key decision makers with you. When you find your dress, you don't want your favorite people to miss that moment! If someone can’t join you, you can plan to face time them. Be sure to double-check the capacity of your fitting room on our website when deciding who to bring as we have limited space in our boutique.
3. Determine your ideal budget for your dress and communicate that to your stylist. Our job is to find you a dress that won’t break the bank, so being as upfront and honest with yourself and your stylist will help us find a dress that you love everything about—including the price point.
4. Set a wedding date. Most dresses take 4-6 months to produce, and all dresses require alterations, which can take an additional 2-3 months. If your wedding date is quickly approaching, that’s OK, we’ve got your back! Keep in mind though, that your options become limited, or you may run into additional rush fees. Your expert stylist will help you navigate the best option for your big day, so leave the stress to us.
5. Need to reschedule? We require a 12 hour cancellation notice due to our limited availability. We typically have a wait list of brides who would love to schedule an appointment with us, so if you are unable to make it to your designated appointment time, please call the shop at 503-673-2222, and we would be more than happy to help you reschedule.
6. Get excited! This is a really fun process, and there’s nothing quite like officially becoming an #aandbabe. We’ll even celebrate with a champagne toast when you find your dress!
A little bit more about our collection. Our dresses range from $1,200 - $6,600 with the majority of our dresses falling between $2,000-3,500. We are the only shop in the area where you can find Catherine Deane, Rish, Alexandra Grecco, Made with Love, Jane Hill, Truvelle, Laudae, Rose+Williams by Tara LaTour, Rebecca Schoneveld, Katie May, and more! If you have questions about the price range of a specific designer, you can find a complete list of designers we carry and their price ranges on our designer page.